Founder and Senior Partner
07771 600 505
“When my marriage ended in 2011, I didn’t know where to turn. I found myself asking, how do I go about finding a good divorce lawyer? What will the process involve? How long will it take? How much will it cost?
Despite being a criminal barrister, used to defending and prosecuting cases from robbery to murder, I felt anxious about instructing my own lawyers.
One year on, I was still finding the process extremely stressful. My friends and family were wonderful, but too close to me to be objective. I realised I needed someone who could be part trusted advisor on the legal process, part objective sounding board, and part friendly ear. A family member, a non-matrimonial lawyer, agreed to take on this role, and overnight the experience changed into something with which I was more able to cope.
This made me think: how could I use my own experience to help others? Could I find a way to turn things around for more people who feel overwhelmed and lost through this difficult time? And so my role as a divorce consultant was born. My guiding principle is to help my clients feel empowered, rather than crushed by the divorce process. For me, the financial settlement or Decree Absolute is not the end goal, but rather the beginning of an exciting new life. I am passionate about protecting children before, during and after the divorce process and work with my clients to put the interests of their children above their own emotions.
I always try to make sure that my clients can see the glimmer of promise at what the future holds. They know I will be by their side to help them put the building blocks in place to get there and at any time after the legal process is over. I will make sure that they have access to any specialist help they need. From my own experience, clients can see that there is light at the end of the darkness.”
- Graduated from Cambridge University with a degree in History.
- Qualified as a barrister having been awarded five scholarships from Middle Temple, including the Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Queen Mother Scholarship and Ede and Ravenscroft Legal Prize.
- Practised Criminal Law at the Bar with daily court appearances in the magistrates’, Crown and High Courts.
- Left the Bar to raise a family and was later appointed as an Independent Member of the Parole Board.
- Divorced in 2011, which gave Laura not only first-hand experience of the court process and everything leading up to it, but also left her with strong views on how the process might be improved to minimise some of the long-term damage caused to families and individuals. She has personal experience of Children Act and financial proceedings, including giving evidence at a Final Hearing. She is passionate about making the legal process as efficient and cost-effective as possible, providing consistent emotional support for her clients and placing the welfare of any children at the forefront of her clients’ minds.
- Laura is a member of Resolution, formerly known as the Solicitors Family Law Association, an organisation of professionals who believe in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law matters.
- Rosefield Divorce Consultancy was shortlisted for the Jordan’s Family Law Awards 2014 Support Service of the Year.
- Rosefield Divorce Consultancy is a member of Kids in the Middle – a registered charitable membership organisation comprised of family lawyers and mediators which aims to provide a voice for children when families split and an on-line resource for children to receive advice and support.
020 3282 7168
- Graduated from Bristol University with a degree in Theology.
- Experience includes: PA to the Facilities Manager at Abbey Road Studios and PA to the Head of Drama at World Productions, one of the leading television production companies.
- Graduated from King’s College, London with a degree in French.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- 21 years’ business development experience in the legal profession including three years in-house at Allen & Overy.
- Founder in 1999 of the Ladies’ Dining Club, a business networking group for senior professional women with over 100 members including lawyers, barristers, bankers, businesswomen and entrepreneurs.
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Marketors.
“The best business development person I have ever worked with.”
Jenny McKeown, Litigation Partner, Maurice Turnor Gardner